SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION IS OPEN
Are you lesbian, gay or bi (or asexual, pansexual, queer, or somewhere in the LGB "family")? Are you trans, gender-expansive, gender-queer or somewhere on (or even off) the gender spectrum? Are you an awesome Ally? Our scholarship program is entering its 15th year and supports the next generation of leaders who have already been working tirelessly on numerous programs, projects, and activities aimed at making schools and communities safe and welcoming for all.
Open to U.S. and non-U.S. citizens (Non-US citizens are eligible as long as they attend an accredited institution in the United States).
PFLAG National awarded more than $75,000 in scholarships in 2015 with awards starting at $1,000 up to $5,000 for the winners.
Want to see who was selected last year? The 2015 National Scholarship recipients are profiled in the PFLAGPole.
Many PFLAG chapters have scholarship programs as well. Students are eligible to receive scholarships from both their local chapter and PFLAG National. Review the list of chapter scholarships.
- You are a graduating senior entering higher education for the first time this calendar year (if you graduated last year and took time off you are still eligible to apply).
- Self identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer...or anywhere within the LGBTQ "family," or as an ally
- Demonstrate an interest in service to the LGBTQ community.
- Have applied to an accredited U.S. higher education institution. Cannot be receiving full tuition remission from other sources to fund the education (e.g., other full-tuition scholarships, established college trust fund, etc.)
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The deadline to apply is April 30, 2016.