The PFLAG National Scholarship Program application process has closed for 2014. Please check this page early next year for guidelines and the application for 2015. Applications open February 15, 2015.
Many PFLAG chapters have scholarship programs. Students are eligible to receive scholarships from both their local chapter and the national office so encourage students you know to apply for both.
Review the list of chapter scholarships.
Download a scholarship flyer to pass around your school.
- You are a graduating senior entering higher education for the first time, this calendar year (if you graduated in the past year and took a time off you are still eligible to apply).
- Self identify as a gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) or an ally
- Demonstrate an interest in service to the LGBT community.
- Have applied to an accredited U.S.higher education institution.
- Cannot be receiving full tuition remission from other sources to fund the education (e.g., other full-tuition scholarships, established college trust fund, etc.)