Lesbian? Gay? Bi? Trans? Queer? Ally? Open to U.S. and non-U.S. citizens (Non-US citizens are eligible as long as they attend an accredited institution in the United States). Our scholarship program is entering its 14th year and supports the next generation of leaders who have already been working tirelessly on numerous programs, projects, and activities aimed at making schools and communities safe and welcoming for all.
PFLAG National awarded more than $75,000 in scholarships in 2014 with awards starting at $1,000 up to $5,000 for the winners.
Want to see who was selected last year? The 2014 National Scholarship recipients are profiled in the PFLAGPole.
Many PFLAG chapters have scholarship programs as well. Students are eligible to receive scholarships from both their local chapter and the national office.
Review the list of chapter scholarships.
- You are a graduating senior entering higher education for the first time, this calendar year (if you graduated in the past year and took a time off you are still eligible to apply).
- Self identify as a gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) or an ally
- Demonstrate an interest in service to the LGBT community.
- Have applied to an accredited U.S.higher education institution.Cannot be receiving full tuition remission from other sources to fund the education (e.g., other full-tuition scholarships, established college trust fund, etc.)
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.